I played can't finish until close the modal window..

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

I played can't finish until close the modal window..

Postby gBennett » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Please would you help me.

I recorded a script. But when I played can't finish until close the modal window..

What I'm doing wrong?
gBennett

Re: I played can't finish until close the modal window..

Postby eValid » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Thank you for sending us your technical support details.
We hope that you were able to make use of the instructions previously sent to you about eValid's Modal Dialog commands.

Since there are several Modal Dialog types, each with their own unique or non-unique behavior, you should also consider the following (especially, if the basics do not appear to generate the desired playback sequences for your particular scenario under test):

- Consider whether you have the correct WID, window id within the ModalDialog command parameters. i.e. The parent browser is usually 0 and subwindows 1, etc. Not having the correct window # associated will mean that the action is not directed to the correct eValid sequence(s) window.

- Check whether the sub/child spawned window(s) is being recognized by eValid. Typically, you will see the eValid logo in the header (title) vs. the IEXPLORER logo. The later types are non-standard and may/will require alternative actions and/or tweaks which are unique to your website.

- For other than basic HTML type modals, you may/will need to apply some of eValid's advanced recording modes and/or technique during your recording sequences. i.e. alternative text input commands, etc.

- Again, depending on your Modal Dialog types and behavior found based on your website responses, perhaps Absolute MouseClick Modes may be required. We would really need to coordinate a web meeting with hands-on and visuals where we can try to better understand your particular situation inorder to be able to provide the best sequences for eValid playback/record success.

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons