is there any font size validation

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

is there any font size validation

Postby amrita » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:39 am

Hi,

I am checking a page which has a zoom button in it .Now I want to check that when I change the zoom(say from 100% to 200%)does the font size really change.Is there any validation of the font size using eValid.

Thanks,
Amrita
amrita

Re: is there any font size validation

Postby eValid » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:10 am

amrita wrote:Hi,

I am checking a page which has a zoom button in it .Now I want to check that when I change the zoom(say from 100% to 200%)does the font size really change.Is there any validation of the font size using eValid.

Thanks,
Amrita

You didn't say if the zoom was done at the HTML level or if it was in some kind of image. Having an actual HTML passage would be helpful to have to give you a complete answer.

Yes, there is font size validation in the following limited sense.

Use the PageMap to look at the actual contents of the DOM. The language here is in terms of the PageMap's view of the current page.

If you look at a page element that has a tagName = FONT element you will see that there is, for that same element, a size = +2 or size = +3 stored in the set of atrributes (properties) of that element.

However, if you use your browser to choose, for example, the largest base font you'll see that these attributes don't change. The actual rendering of the material in a page is done relative to the "modifications away from the normal' that are expressed in the HTML.

So yes, you can validate from the font size from the DOM using, for example, a ValidateSelectedObjProperty command when you know the name of the attribute and the expected value.

The eValid Team
eValid

Re: is there any font size validation

Postby Sam08 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:57 pm

We looked at this a while ago and unfortunately the font size is "relative to the browser" and you can't tell how big the displayed text is except by actually looking at the screen.

eValid has a facility for validating a screen image and we found that it worked to confirm sizes for us but we found that it is VERY sensitive to minor details about the page and screen settings and a lot of other things. But it did do the ID right if we have the settings constant.

Hope this helps.
Sam08

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons