How do I convert the old QTP tests?

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

How do I convert the old QTP tests?

Postby kylerj » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:46 am

I've got a bucket of old QTP tests...how do I convert them to eValid?
kylerj

Re: How do I convert the old QTP tests?

Postby eValid » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:37 am

kylerj wrote:I've got a bucket of old QTP tests...how do I convert them to eValid?
eValid's script is much simpler than the VBScript that is used for QTP, so conversion manually will probably be difficult.

Some time ago (at least two years ago) we successfully converted QTP scripts into eValid scripts by playing back the QTP scripts into a version of eValid that had the right plugins, and was in record mode. That was very convenient because the conversion was 99.99% automatic. However, recently we tried the same approach and found that the latest version of QTP had been modified so that "trick" no longer worked.

We have used this same approach to convert VS2010 CUIT-built scripts into eValid scripts, again, by playing back the CUIT script into an eValid browser that is in recording mode. This turns out to be very successful, usually (but not always) resulting in an eValid test that plays back perfectly the first time.

As a last resort, what we have found for QTP is that it is probably simplest to play back the QTP test one "step" at at time while recording a NEW eValid script in a parallel browser. At the very worst this does not take more time than the original recording took -- and you have the benefit that that the NEW recording exactly emulates the original. That saves a lot of time in "test planning".

eValid Support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons