Which browser eValid is imitating?

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Which browser eValid is imitating?

Postby dante » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:21 pm

When I launch eValid imitating an iPhone and have it land on the page that tells me which browser eValid is imitating, it gives the wrong answer? But when I refresh it, I get the right answer? What's going on?
dante

Re: Which browser eValid is imitating?

Postby eValid » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:31 am

dante wrote:When I launch eValid imitating an iPhone and have it land on the page that tells me which browser eValid is imitating, it gives the wrong answer? But when I refresh it, I get the right answer? What's going on?
It is the content of the cache that is creating confusion. It has "past" information. Here's what's happening...

When eValid launches when imitating an iPhone (for example), and then you bring up the page that says which user agent string the server sees, if you haven't cleared the cache then eValid shows you the LAST string values.

If you refresh the page -- which means you will flush out the old page and bring in a new one that is served to you with the new identify that eValid has -- then THAT page will show the correct data.

In automated playback, if you start on "about:blank" and then have in your script to navigate to the http://www.useragentstring.com page, then you won't be misslead.

eValid Mobile Testing
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons