How do I go about running a test ten times in a row?

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Postby paslef » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:41 pm

paslef

Re: How do I go about running a test ten times in a row?

Postby eValid » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:35 pm

paslef wrote:How do I go about running a test ten times in a row?

It turns out there are multiple ways to do this in eValid.

(1) Us the Control Playback > Multiple Playback option to run the current script a specified number of times. You specify the number of repetitions of the script in the Settings.

(2) Set your script up as the target of a CallScript command and the do something like this:

CallScript myscript.evs
CallScript myscript.evs
CallScript myscript.evs

Here eValid will call "myscript.evs" the number of times the CallScript command appears in the parent script.

(3) It may be a missue of the feature, but the DataSynthesis mode plays back the current script one time per line in the DataSynthesis file, so you simply have a DataSynthesis file that has 10 lines in it -- or a number of lines equal to how many times you want the script to run.

(4) Set up a batch invocation of eValid in a Windows Batch Script, maybe called run-many.bat, in which you simply repeat the eValid -B ... command the number of times you want eValid to restart and rerun the script.

Hope one of these will fill the need!

The eValid Team
eValid

Re: How do I go about running a test ten times in a row?

Postby adamer » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks a lot to eValid. I was looking for the answer of the same question. But could not find any way. Your post helped me a lot to run a test more than once.
adamer

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons