Desktop Based Application

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Desktop Based Application

Postby index9 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:17 pm

I need to run multiple users driving my desktop based application and I'm wondering if eVaild can help me out? Any suggestions?
index9

Re: Desktop Based Application

Postby eValid » Mon May 03, 2010 8:33 am

index9 wrote:I need to run multiple users driving my desktop based application and I'm wondering if eVaild can help me out? Any suggestions?

As you know (from the way your question is put) the desktop is a unitary resource.

That means that if a test engine of any kind requires the use of the desktop it will [probably] need to have it exclusively.

When you don't use the desktop that's called "desktop safe" or "loadtest safe" because in that case your test can run multiple instances without them all interfering with each other.

It may not be the best possible solution, but the eValid engine has a Lock/Unlock MUTEX (Mutual Exclusion) command that can be used to reserve the desktop to one instance at playback time. If all of the script that you are playing back ALL have the MUTEX operators installed, then they will never step on each other. However, some of them will wait for others of them to finish -- to issue the Unlock command -- before continuing.

This has the effect of serializing the use of the desktop. In most situations that is completely reliable.

We hope that helps.

--The eValid Gurus.
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons