To Verify Item and Value in the Listview

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

To Verify Item and Value in the Listview

Postby kwkr » Wed May 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Is there anyway that I could verify item and value in the listview? I have a list view which has 8 columns. Please point me to some resource and/or sample code would be great. Thanks.
kwkr

Re: To Verify Item and Value in the Listview

Postby eValid » Mon May 17, 2010 8:40 am

kwkr wrote:Is there anyway that I could verify item and value in the listview? I have a list view which has 8 columns. Please point me to some resource and/or sample code would be great. Thanks.

There are several ways to do this.

First, try the natural recording mode, using "mouseovers on". If that doesn't work then try adding in absolute mouseclicks. And if that fails, then try absolute clicks.

eValid provides increasing levels of support when items on a screen aren't able to be captured into your recording with the natural object mode. You can think of these options as reducing the object/position independence of your test in exchange for reliabiltiy.

Second, you can drop in to the mode where you take advantage of some fixed item on the screen, and construct a sequence of "index/motion" commands that find and click on the right event. How this is done specifically depends a LOT on how your web page is contructed, but you might have to find some pivot point and them over 8 steps down to arrive at the 8th item in the list view. We have done this before and the resulting script is VERY reliable and stable.

-The eValid Team
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons