If I "Validate and sync" then I've validated automatically?

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

If I "Validate and sync" then I've validated automatically?

Postby JBlake » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:25 pm

If I "Validate and sync" then I've validated automatically, right?
JBlake

Re: If I "Validate and sync" then I've validated automatical

Postby eValid » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Yes, it is.

When you "validate and sync" on something -- some object or element of the page -- the playback synchronization wait loop keeps attempting the validation until it succeeds or until the command times out (using the user-specified maximum time value).

So, when the synchroniztion look ends having found what was looking for, then yes, you have validated.

But, not to throw a monkey wrench into your thinking, it's important to know that what this means is that the thing you validated is true RIGHT NOW. But if you are dealing with a complex site, for example, one that uses AJAX, then it could be that the synchronization loop ends correctly, and then the value is changed away from what it was that ended the loop. You might call that "temporary validation," for want of a better phrase.

The lesson here is, that with AJAX applications, sometimes what you see is not what you see a moment later and may never be what you want.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons