Trouble with a button using IndexClick command

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Trouble with a button using IndexClick command

Postby ZoeyCS » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Afternoon.

I need some help with this issue.

My team got a button to work using a IndexFollowLink command when a simple IndexClick command failed.

What gives?
ZoeyCS

Re: Trouble with a button using IndexClick command

Postby eValid » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:00 am

ZoeyCS wrote:Afternoon.

I need some help with this issue.

My team got a button to work using a IndexFollowLink command when a simple IndexClick command failed.

What gives?

Hey ZoeyCS:

If you are using IndexClick then you are using eValid's structural (algorithmic) testing commands that are based on DOM manipulation.

These commands let you feed a range of events into the browser face from the script...during playback.

Here is an inventory of capabilities in eValid to support Structural/Algorithmic testing processes:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... urces.html

In the DOM the IndexClick sends a simple event to the DOM, which typically is "consumed" locally (by JavaScript code that is implementing AJAX).

By comparison, the IndexFollowLink sends the event to the DOM and also initiates an HTTP GET/PUT action. Normally this is the result of a request to navigate (as in regular processing of an anchor tag).

Where this gets difficult is that you may want to NOT initiate a navigation, which would then put eValid in the mode where it is waiting for a navigation to complete that was never started.

In this case you would add the NO_NAV tag to the IndexFollowLink command to prevent that.

OK, yes, this seems complicated, Here is an explanation about use of the NAV and NO_NAV tags in certain eValid recording situations (usually with complex AJAX JavaScript libaries):

http://www.e-Valid.com/Products/Documen ... ation.html

If this is not sufficient give us a call and we'll resolve your question.

--eValid Support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons