Can I launching eValid from the desktop to mimic an iPad?

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Can I launching eValid from the desktop to mimic an iPad?

Postby EDehner » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:51 pm

Evening

Can you get eValid to launch from the desktop as a browser that explains to the server that it is specific mobile device?

P.S. I want to mimic an iPad.

Thanks
EDehner

Re: Can I launching eValid from the desktop to mimic an iPad

Postby eValid » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:12 am

EDehner wrote:Evening

Can you get eValid to launch from the desktop as a browser that explains to the server that it is specific mobile device?

P.S. I want to mimic an iPad.

Thanks

Morning EDehner.

Yes, you can.

The eValid batch interface -- the command line interface -- has a specific switch that lets you pre-define the user agent string that eValid will use when it completes launching.

The switch is the -AGENT switch and it takes as its one argument the UAS (User Agent String) for the device you want eValid to imitate (mimic).

Once you launch eValid this way it always behaves as if it is the appropriate device -- the one you specified.

The specific command is given here:

http://www.e-Valid.com/Products/Documen ... rface.html

Here is a specific example for you. When you launch eValid this way it behaves as if it were an Applie iPad.

start evalid -AGENT "Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en)
AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko)Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F191
Safari/6533.18.5"
exit

We got that string -- everything beteen the two "'s after -AGENT -- by looking it up on the web. The appropriate strings for most devices are also avalable in the eValid documentation.

Hope that answer your question.

--eValid Support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons