How to limit the "think time" during playback

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

How to limit the "think time" during playback

Postby JasmineG » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:43 am

Hiya:

I like the fact that the recording engine in eValid keeps track of my think time automatically, but is there some way to limit the think time in playback?

Thanks ahead for the reply
JasmineG

Re: How to limit the "think time" during playback

Postby eValid » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:27 pm

JasmineG wrote:Hiya:

I like the fact that the recording engine in eValid keeps track of my think time automatically, but is there some way to limit the think time in playback?

Thanks ahead for the reply

Thanks for posting JasmineG:

When you have eValid in normal mode "real time recording" is turned on and this means that eValid writes a command like this into the script file before recording what you just did:

Wait 12345

Which means, wait 12345 milliseconds, 12.345 seconds.

Every wait time in a script is first multiplied by the wait time multiplier (in the settings) and then filtered by the wait time floor and ceiling.
The resulting wait time is what emerges from those filters.

The values for all of these are sent in the settings menu, which is described here:

http://www.e-Valid.com/Products/Documen ... yback.html

The page also gives you the specific definitions of each setting.

Important note: If you set the wait time multiplier to zero, then all of the other wait times are also zero EXCEPT the command delay, which is always ADDED to the computed effective playback wait time value.

--eValid Support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons