Having a problem w/ eValid on a security testing application

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Having a problem w/ eValid on a security testing application

Postby EdwardS » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Afternoon all.

I'm having trouble getting eValid to work one one particular application that has to do with security testing.

eValid loads a page but it does NOT show the same results when rendering as does the IE11 version that is also installed on my machine.

Any ideas??

Thanks
EdwardS

Re: Having a problem w/ eValid on a security testing applica

Postby eValid » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:28 pm

EdwardS wrote:Afternoon all.

I'm having trouble getting eValid to work one one particular application that has to do with security testing.

eValid loads a page but it does NOT show the same results when rendering as does the IE11 version that is also installed on my machine.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Thanks for asking EdwardS.

The eValid system renders a page exactly as does the underlying IE browser's rendering engine. eValid exploits class libraries in the DLLs of IE that it uses to render the page, handle navigation, etc.

When questions like this come up we have a kind of standard list of tests we run with eValid to make sure it is behaving as it should. This is a simple list, and you go to these applications in sequence -- each one being harder and harder.

(1) Google news...heavy Javascript and very complex formatting but no complicated user interaction.

(2) Bing.com...the search engine has a very sophisticated AJAX autocomplete (autosuggest) feature.

(3) Microsoft maps or Google maps...both very sophisticated AJAX applications with lot of multiple threaded activity.

(4) Any application built with GWT...this is known to be very intolerant of even minor problems with the browser.

(5) An ecommerce application like www.ebay.com or www.amazon.com or www.frys.com...all of these "push the limits" for the browser rendering engine.

The thing you're looking for is to (i) assure yourself that the eValid browser is working correctly and (ii) see if you can uncover any failures.

One thing to watch out for, in these or any heavy JScript pages, is the existence of JScript errors. Here is the page that describes this:

http://www.e-Valid.com/Products/Documen ... rrors.html

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons