Need some help with validating an app with Infragistics

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Need some help with validating an app with Infragistics

Postby Langsten » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:32 am

Morning, hope I can get a solution to my problem.

My app is done in Infragistics for Windows and I need to be able to pick off data from the screen and validate that it shows up the way I expect it to.

What's the best way to do that in eValid?

Thanks is advance!
Langsten

Re: Need some help with validating an app with Infragistics

Postby eValid » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:55 am

Langsten wrote:Morning, hope I can get a solution to my problem.

My app is done in Infragistics for Windows and I need to be able to pick off data from the screen and validate that it shows up the way I expect it to.

What's the best way to do that in eValid?

Thanks is advance!

Thanks for asking Langsten.

That should be simple.

You can use Application Mode to record a drag and drop of the selected text into the clipboard.

Then, you can us the eValid ValidateClipboardText to confirm that what is on the screen right now is what you intend (expect) it to be.

The key to this is that the application allows you to copy material to the clipboard. That is, you need to have something that you can highlight or select with a Ctrl-C or a right-click to initiate a Copy operation.

If not, you may have to rely on rubber-banding a screen rectangle and doing image comparisons.

Here is a summary of key documentation pages and worked examples that support eValid operation on the desktop:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... urces.html

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons