Need help resolving test an app with two tabs

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Need help resolving test an app with two tabs

Postby DanielBS » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:45 pm

Evening.

I have a test scenario where I will login to a same application in 2 tabs, logout from one tab and verify if the application in other tab also logouts.

As part of this, when I switch to second tab, the first tab is closing automatically.

So I am not able to perform logout in first tab.

Can any one please help in handling this situation, I need to work on both the tabs.

Thanks
DanielBS

Re: Need help resolving test an app with two tabs

Postby eValid » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:20 am

DanielBS wrote:Evening.

I have a test scenario where I will login to a same application in 2 tabs, logout from one tab and verify if the application in other tab also logouts.

As part of this, when I switch to second tab, the first tab is closing automatically.

So I am not able to perform logout in first tab.

Can any one please help in handling this situation, I need to work on both the tabs.

Thanks

Thanks for asking DanielBS.

None of what you are trying to do should be a problem.

One point worth mentioning is that eValid doesn't do tabs: a request for a new window is ALWAYS opened in a NEW WINDOW.

The window number to which a command in the playback script applies is always shown explicitly. The original window is "0" and the windows are numbered "1", "2", etc.

You can see the "wid" parameter in eValid script commands, whose structure if described here:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... iples.html

This is a key feature because by numbering windows in the order that they open you never have to worry about losing track of which window is which, and which window gets which action.

And, perhaps more important, if your script closes a window there will never be any ambiguity because your script won't have any references to it.

If eValid creates the same window afresh, it will have the next sequential window number.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons