Confirm a command to a link results in a navigation

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Confirm a command to a link results in a navigation

Postby TashaC » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:04 pm

Afternoon

How do I tell if a command that I give to eValid to click a link actually results in a navigation?

I need to verify that on the test and playback.
TashaC

Re: Confirm a command to a link results in a navigation

Postby eValid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:00 am

TashaC wrote:Afternoon

How do I tell if a command that I give to eValid to click a link actually results in a navigation?

I need to verify that on the test and playback.

Thanks for asking TashaC.

Each command in eValid's playback loop waits for a variety of completion signals, to make sure it is OK to go forward to execute the next command.

But you seem to be asking for something stronger.

The very simplest way to do this is to make a recording that does a Validate Selected Text command on some phrase of visible text on the page you navigate to AFTER.

This works from the eValid GUI or from the Ctrl-T keyboard shortcut.

At playback time, eValid will confirm that the selected text from the page when you made the recording is present in the page (the adaptive playback feature will search for the text even if has moved from its original position.

If you want to make sure the text item hasn't meoved you have to turn Adaptive Playback off using the Apative OFF command.

(You can turn it back on with Adaptive ON).

For an evn more complete validation of successful navigation that includes validating all of the text on the page, take a look at the "Validate Text Test Wizard, described here:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... /text.html

(The documentation page might be overkill, but it's there if you need it.)

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons