Make a test where all the ID's on the page change constantly

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Make a test where all the ID's on the page change constantly

Postby WillyS » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:57 am

Morning.

I need some serious help:

I need help in creating the search for the an input type field where all the id's are changing dynamically and there is nothing unique in this field

Kindly help me in identifying the right commands for this!

Thanks
WillyS

Re: Make a test where all the ID's on the page change consta

Postby eValid » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:34 pm

WillyS wrote:Morning.

I need some serious help:

I need help in creating the search for the an input type field where all the id's are changing dynamically and there is nothing unique in this field

Kindly help me in identifying the right commands for this!

Thanks

Thanks for asking WillyS.

Indeed, this can be quite difficult

In eValid's view, there will certainly be something in the page that doesn't "move around" so much that you can't pivot on it.

[If there isn't well, then, sorry to say, you may no be able to reliably test a page where nothing is fixed! But that seems to be pretty rare if not impossible.]

The idea is to use the HTML search commands below:

http://e-valid.com/Products/Documentati ... ement.html

http://e-valid.com/Products/Documentati ... nt.ex.html

By locating something that IS constant on the page that is "near by" the item you are looking for that has its ID tag changing all the time.

Once you've found that then you calculate (probably using the PageMap feature) how far you are above or below the desired point.

Then you use the command:

IndexMove number

By moving the SourceIndex pointer a fixed number of positions on the page up (negative) or down (positive).

Then all of the eValid commands that can be run knowing just the SourceIndex value apply.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons