Using the eValid AbsTextEntry feature

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Using the eValid AbsTextEntry feature

Postby BobbyA » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:42 am

Hello.

I'm having trouble automatically filling in a form, and it looks like I'll need the AbsTextEntry command.

I'm not very familiar with this eValid feature, can you explain how to use this?

Thanks
BobbyA

Re: Using the eValid AbsTextEntry feature

Postby eValid » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:10 am

BobbyA wrote:Hello.

I'm having trouble automatically filling in a form, and it looks like I'll need the AbsTextEntry command.

I'm not very familiar with this eValid feature, can you explain how to use this?

Thanks

Thanks for posting BobbyA.

At times, when we make a recording of our inputs to forms that we fill in online, it does not get recorded properly and fails on playback especially if the recording was made from an applet.

A useful function built-in eValid as an extrinsic command which is the AbsTextEntry command.

Unlike the InputValue command which inputs text using the field name as reference, AbsTextEntry inputs the value through an absolute location in the form.

You can manually add the AbsTextEntry Command where it is needed in the script.

# Absolute Mouse Click is added to set the cursors position

AbsLeftClick 100 382 29 46 656 665

# Place the AbsTextEntry Command immediately following the #AbsLeftClick Command.

Since an InputValue command cannot #be used in this instance, an Absolute Text Entry is done to force eValid to input the text in the field.

AbsTextEntry "http://www.yahoo.com"

--eValid Support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons