Can you please go in greater details about Modal Dialog Recording?
Thanks for posting your question JeffreyH.
There are sites which oftentimes require interaction with external windows such as desktop applications and modal dialogs.
These particular type of windows are not normally recorded.
Since the interaction between these objects are critical to the success of the script, we employ several methods of being able to record from these windows.
Since we know that desktop windows can recorded through the desktop mode recording and extended use of application mode.
We can also record interaction with modal dialogs BUT it will significantly increase the size of your script when using these commands.
The shorter the script, the better.
To record modal dialog interaction:
(1) Navigate to a site which has modal dialogs.
(2) In the script dialog box, click on "Insert > Modal Dialog Commands"
(3) Select the appropriate command according to the desired outcome from the Modal window.
(4) Once you have inserted the commands, a commented line is also inserted prior to the command which basically gives a brief description of each command inserted.
(5) Play back your script to check if the inserted commands perform the desired interaction between the dialog box.
We hope this gives you a better understanding of the eValid Modal Dialog Recording feature in eValid.