Is eValid able to Validate the Number of Form Elements in a Page?
Can you also provide me with instructions of how to accomplish this?
Thanks for asking about this AliceH.
In functional testing, it is often necessary to "validate" the number of form elements on a Web page to make sure that the appropriate selections have been made even without changing the
value in a specific form element.
This however, will result in a longer script since eValid basically gets all elements in a page during recording.
Because all form elements are automatically recorded, changes can conveniently be made directly in the script to reflect the appropriate selections without having to re-record an entirely new
Here's how to do it:
(1) Navigate to the Website you want to test.
(2) Start your eValid recording.
(3) In the eValid preferences, check "Include Default Form Elements".
(4) Select the desired options in the page and click submit.
(5) As you will observe in the script dialog window, all form elements are automatically recorded in the script.
(6) Stop recording and playback.
(7) During playback, you will notice that eValid automatically makes the appropriate changes based on the script even if you DID NOT touch the other elements during recording.
If you like further details with this eValid feature, please contact us.
-- eValid Support