How do I handle selection-dependent list boxes in a webpage
Please add to your reply the steps involved.
Great question, thanks for posting PeteDu.
In cases where two (or more) list boxes are dynamically dependent on each other, normal recording using InputClick commands to make a selection may not not produce the desired result because the list box needs to sense a "Click" to activate the contents of the dependent list box(s).
For example, consider a site where you select state in the primary list box and then that selection affects the cities to be displayed in the secondary list box.
Here are the steps to follow in eValid to record a selection dependent list box:
- Use Absolute Mode Recording.
- Toggle xyLClick "On "to record a click on the object.
- Use Keyboard Scrolling to navigate through the selections in the list box.
- Use Tab Key Command to navigate to the next field which will dynamically activate/populate the contents of the next field.
- Toggle Absolute Mode Off (F11) to continue with normal recording to avoid too many unwanted position dependent clicks.
- If Keyboard Scrolling is not adequate for the list box, use Application Mode to record ALL mouse clicks sent to the page.
(Application Mode is the last resort.)
-- eValid Support