Understanding eValid RE search in website compliance

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Understanding eValid RE search in website compliance

Postby SDurock » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:48 am

Hello.

Tell me about Using the eValid feature Regular Expression Search for Website ADA Compliance?

Thanks
SDurock

Re: Understanding eValid RE search in website compliance

Postby eValid » Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:55 am

SDurock wrote:Hello.

Tell me about Using the eValid feature Regular Expression Search for Website ADA Compliance?

Thanks

Thanks for asking SDurock.

Using Regular Expression searches to find specific strings in a page is a very powerful feature integrated into the eValid Site Analysis Engine.

As an example, we will use eValid's Regular Expression Search to help webmasters find and fix pages in a specific site which may not conform to the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) initiative that requires all images on a website to have an Alternate Text Tag (ALT=).

To do this, we will search for pages that DO NOT contain the "ALT=" tag within the "< IMG >" tags.

Follow these simple steps to create the Regular Expression Search:

(1) Launch eValid.

(2) Navigate to the site you wish to conduct the search on.

(3) Open the eValid Preferences by Clicking on "eValid > Settings > Site Analysis Preferences" or simply by pressing the short- cut "Ctrl + F3"

(4) Click on "Define Filters" to launch the eValid Site Analysis Filter Preferences.

(5) Select the "Pages Matching Search Criteria" option.

(6) Enter the string as shown below (please be careful to enter it _exactly_ as it is shown; regular expressions need to be be very precisely expressed):

"<(I|i)(M|m)(G|g) [^<]*alt=.*>"

(7) Select the "Complete HTML" option.

(8) Select the "Regular Expression" option.

(9) Select the "Invert Logic (NOT)" option.

(10) Click on "Ok" to save the settings.

(11) Run the Site Analysis.

eValid should now create a report which displays all the pages which DO NOT contain the "Alt=" tag within the HTML.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons