How to synchronize on webpages with JavaScript components

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

How to synchronize on webpages with JavaScript components

Postby Holloway » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:22 am

Hi.

Can you give me some assistance with how eValid deals with achieving synchronization on webpages with JavaScript Components?

I am having issues with getting a reliable eValid script to playback successfully.

Thank you.
Holloway

Re: How to synchronize on webpages with JavaScript component

Postby eValid » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:14 am

Holloway wrote:Hi.

Can you give me some assistance with how eValid deals with achieving synchronization on webpages with JavaScript Components?

I am having issues with getting a reliable eValid script to playback successfully.

Thank you.

Thanks for posting on our forum Holloway.

Certain JavaScript components, when loaded in a page, do not instantaneously appear even when the status indicator of the browser displays the "Done" message.

For example, some menu-based navigation schemes or complicated form or manipulation passages can take a non-trivial amount of time to complete.

When downloading and rendering a page, eValid has an internal "Page Complete" signal which tells the eValid browser that all components have been successfully downloaded.

In the case of JavaScript files and passages, however, all of the page components have already been downloaded and "Page Complete" does not necessarily mean that all of the JavaScript work has been completed.

While the page may appear complete on the screen, until the JavaScript work is done any playback action with the page may cause synchronization issues during playback.

To ensure reliable playback of scripts in eValid, it is best to add validation & synchronization steps in the script.

For example, a Validate and Synchronize command based on appearance of some text string or image that is produced by JavaScript will work fine to assure synchronized playback.

The other method is to impose slight delays to allow the JavaScript work to complete.

These delays can be inter-command delays or increases in the wait times in between the script commands.

The extra time allows large JavaScript components to load and render on the screen, making a script playback fully reliable.

-- eValid support
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons