Customized Error Report

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Customized Error Report

Postby PacMan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Can we create customized error reports with eValid?

I want to create a report that will show each checkpoint that passed or failed in my script. Is this possible? If so, how would I create 'If' statements for these type of checkpoints?

Variable_A = runtime_value123
Variable_B = runtime_valueXYZ

If Variable_A = Variable_B then pass checkpoint "After submitting a value of " & Variable_A & "it was correctly displayed in the summary page as " & Variable_B & "."
Else
Fail checkpoint "After submitting a value of " & Variable_A & "it was INcorrectly displayed in the summary page as " & Variable_B & "."
PacMan

Re: Customized Error Report

Postby eValid » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:20 pm

PacMan wrote:Can we create customized error reports with eValid?

I want to create a report that will show each checkpoint that passed or failed in my script. Is this possible? If so, how would I create 'If' statements for these type of checkpoints?

Variable_A = runtime_value123
Variable_B = runtime_valueXYZ

If Variable_A = Variable_B then pass checkpoint "After submitting a value of " & Variable_A & "it was correctly displayed in the summary page as " & Variable_B & "."
Else
Fail checkpoint "After submitting a value of " & Variable_A & "it was INcorrectly displayed in the summary page as " & Variable_B & "."

The answer here is, yes and no. Yes, if you do it right.

Yes, you can extract values from one playback, or from multiple playbacks, and leave them in local files for comparison.

However, the architecture of eValid tends to emphasize self-contained playbacks with off-line analysis of "PASS" or "FAIL".

However, you might also check into the use of the ValidateSelectedObjProperty command than can analyze the content of ANY DOM element in the current page. That may give you the option you need.

The eValid Team
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons