The eV.Generate

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

The eV.Generate

Postby uulq » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:27 pm

I was trying to get the eV.Generate to work but for some reason when I try to run the .evs file, it gets overwritten with a corrupted version of the assigned .evt file. The script does not successfully run and cannot even find the init URL due to the syntax errors that now exist on lines 21 and 24.

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong? Here is the text of the appropriate files...
uulq

Re: The eV.Generate

Postby eValid » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Without access to your website/replicate your exact errors, the following concerns were noted. Please try the following:

1. Unless, I've misread your filenames and contents, your invoking *.evt, template file's name CANNOT be the same as your initiating eVgenRand/eVgenSeq scripted *.evs' filename. i.e. the above 2 commands will generate a new .evs based on the "assigned_name.evt" input parameter...

2. eVgenRand/eVgenSeq template files MUST NOT contain the originally recorded "new line/continuation" - "/" markers. You must unfold/reconnect the continuation parts so that each script command appears as a complete 1 liner in the .evt template file(s).

I hope this helps you to overcome your reported corruption issues and syntax errors.

Regards,

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons