Two Nearly Identical, Untitled Desktop Windows

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Two Nearly Identical, Untitled Desktop Windows

Postby gngr » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:00 pm

I have an application that brings up two nearly identical, untitled desktop windows, one on top of the other. How does eValid handle dismissing first one and then the other one?
gngr

Re: Two Nearly Identical, Untitled Desktop Windows

Postby eValid » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:07 pm

gngr wrote:I have an application that brings up two nearly identical, untitled desktop windows, one on top of the other. How does eValid handle dismissing first one and then the other one?

Hmmmmm.....thing brings to mind a famous comedy bit...

Who's on first? Right! Huh, I'm asking you, who's on first? Right. Who is on first. Duh, Who? I'm not asking you, I'm telling you! What is the name of the man on first? Who. Actually, what's on second? What is? ...

From eValid's perspective, if you have two untitled desktop windows, the order of dismissal is going to be a function of which one appears first. As you may know, eValid inserts a non-blank [fake] name, just so the windows have a name at all, and then records that name in the DWindowSet command that it uses to figure out what to do at playback time.

But if you have TWO such windows, the playback will be confused in case there is insufficient time between their appearance to allow eValid to take action on each of them in the "correct" order.

Bottom line: Don't have two unnamed windows on the desktop.

The eValid Support Team
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons