Absolute Modes with MS-Notepad

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Absolute Modes with MS-Notepad

Postby theus » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:23 am

Can you explain more about how to use the special recording modes to provision a playback test of a Windows desktop application?
theus

Re: Absolute Modes with MS-Notepad

Postby eValid » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:31 am

I've reviewed your "Test.evs" script file and all appears to be working the right way. Here are some additional feedback and comments:

Yes, your approach is just fine. The only other obvious suggestion would be that you will need also to make use of another Advanced Recording Mode... "Record Desktop Window", especially if you want to include the actions for Window 2 (i.e. the Save As actions/steps).

To summarize...

(F12) toggle or equivalent menu triggers will enable "Application Mode" recording, (i.e. KeyText/KeySys commands)

+ (F11) toggle or equivalent menu triggers will enable "Absolute MouseClicks" recording, (i.e. xyLClick commands)

+ (Crtl+F12) toggle or equivalent menu triggers will enable "Record Desktop Window" recording, (i.e. select the correct desktop window WID to associate actions within /0/1/2/etc.)

The above mode allows you to tell eValid to associate all desired actions with its corresponding window #...

For example 0 is the parent, 1 is the subwindow#1 = notepad, and 2 is the subwindow#2 = Save As..., as your Test.evs scenario demonstrates.

I have created an alternative "NP.evs" script file which is another variant, my example uses less absolute mouseclicks to close/cancel the notepad application.

I hope all this makes sense to you, else please let us know.

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons