Length of Recorded Script Files

How to apply eValid to functional testing of web applications.

Length of Recorded Script Files

Postby Sam08 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:18 am

Hey!

eValid is working well, but I've got one question.

Why do I sometimes get these enormously long script files that have line after line of text from my page that I don't really care about?

Is this normal, or is there some setting in eValid that I can use to reduce this? Right now I've taken some of these and just deleted them and my script seems to be OK...

What's up on this, huh?

-Samuel
Sam08

Re: Length of Recorded Script Files

Postby eValid » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:16 pm

Sam08 wrote:Hey!

eValid is working well, but I've got one question.

Why do I sometimes get these enormously long script files that have line after line of text from my page that I don't really care about?

Is this normal, or is there some setting in eValid that I can use to reduce this? Right now I've taken some of these and just deleted them and my script seems to be OK...

What's up on this, huh?

-Samuel

We are pleased to hear that eValid is running well for you.

Sometimes, depending on how the pages you are testing are constructed, the very-long scripts result from having the Element MouseOver recording turned on all the time.

This is a setting that you can make "global" (applies for all eValid runs), or it is an option that you can toggle on and off with Alt-F11.

Our recommendation is to use the toggle on/toggle off option...so you turn on Element MouseOver recording only when you need it...

Probably that will make your scripts a lot smaller.

Good luck, and let us hear if you have further questions.

The eValid Team
eValid

Return to Desktop and Mobile Device Functional Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons