Link Checking

How to use eValid to support regression testing.

Link Checking

Postby webpress » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:02 pm

I've got a page that changes all the time, and all I want to do is make sure that all of the links on it work. Have you got any way to do that?
webpress

Re: Link Checking

Postby eValid » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:33 pm

webpress wrote:I've got a page that changes all the time, and all I want to do is make sure that all of the links on it work. Have you got any way to do that?

Easy to do.

During recording you click eValid: Record > Wizards > Link Test Wizard and the choose the Dynamic Simple or Dynamic Advanced option.

What results in your script is the command "DynamicLinkCheck 0" and at playback time what eValid will do is visit every link on the page (it gets them from the current page's DOM) to confirme that they are present.

Actually, eValid does this by creating a little "sub-script" that has refernces to all of the links it found, and then does a CallScript on it. But that script changes every time -- because it is created uniquely at playback time -- so you probably won't want to save it.

If the page has a lot of links, be prepared for this to take some time! To do this command eValid has to download every page on that list of referenced pages.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to Regression Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons