How can I chain multipe eValid tests together?

How to use eValid to support regression testing.

Postby StevenV » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:12 pm

StevenV

Re: How can I chain multipe eValid tests together?

Postby eValid » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:06 am

The eValid suite allows multiple methods for "chaining tests together".

(1) The basic playback engiine has a command to CallScript script... so that you could have a sequence of test scripts call one after the other, etc.

(2) There is a batch-invocation feature for eValid that lets you run a single test from the command line. So if you want to run a sequence of tests in a chain you could do this with a sequence of eValid invocations in a *.bat file. This has the advantage over (1) that any individual test failure doesn't interfere with subsequent tests because each test is a separate execution.

(3) You could use the eValid Regression Test Manager to run a sequence of tests for which the test scripts are laid out in a hierarchy of folders. The regression test process eValid uses will gather up all of the needed test (in alphabetic order within each folder, also in alphabetic order) and then give you the option of running any one test, any group of tests, or all of the tests in your test suite.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to Regression Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons