A question on eV.Manager

How to use eValid to support regression testing.

A question on eV.Manager

Postby MCorvin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Afternoon:

I was looking at the documentation on eValid and was wondering:

Can eValid's eV.Manager run a current test suite while eValid is imitating a different browser (i.e.: Tablet or Smart Phone?

Thanks
MCorvin

Re: A question on eV.Manager

Postby eValid » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:03 pm

MCorvin wrote:Afternoon:

I was looking at the documentation on eValid and was wondering:

Can eValid's eV.Manager run a current test suite while eValid is imitating a different browser (i.e.: Tablet or Smart Phone?

Thanks

Hey MCorvin. Welcome to the eValid forum.

If you are familiar with eV.Manager you'll recognize that there is, in eV.Manger's *.ats (automated test script) file, the capability of adding switches to the system invocation of eValid that is done for each test.

All you need to do what you want is to have a separate copy of your test suite, with the addition of instances of the "-AGENT user-agent-string" in the *.ats file.

You might, for example, do this for several different browsers.

The only caveat is that if you have tests in your suite that depend graphically on the specific rendering of an item then those tests will probably FAIL if you switch the browser context from the native one (which is the IE browser) and some other browser. This is because the rendering engine on other browser, e.g. Chrome or FireFox, may differ.

Otherwise, functionally, this should work perfectly.

--eValid Support
eValid

Return to Regression Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons