Verify URLS links question

How to use eValid to support regression testing.

Verify URLS links question

Postby StanleyS » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:04 am

Morning.

I hope the eValid can help me solve this problem:

I have this page that has a bunch of links and I want my verification test to confirm that the link URLs haven't changed.

How do I do this?
StanleyS

Re: Verify URLS links question

Postby eValid » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:43 pm

StanleyS wrote:Morning.

I hope the eValid can help me solve this problem:

I have this page that has a bunch of links and I want my verification test to confirm that the link URLs haven't changed.

How do I do this?

Afternoon and thanks for asking.

Basically, what you want to do is generate a list of URLs that are linked-to on the specified page, and then, as your regression test, confirm that they are all still the same as they used to be.

eValid has a very easy way to do this. Use the Link Wizard to record all the links of the page. You can see the URLs of each link in the test script that eValid generates.

At playback time eValid will visit them and confirm that they are what you expect them toe be. eValid will throw an error whenever any link fails this test.

Here are the detailed instructions:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... izard.html

Note that you have four options for different levels of testing of links on page.

We recommend you experiment with this using a small page so you can see the differences the four options provide.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Regression Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons