Using eValid to record screen applications

How to use eValid to support regression testing.

Using eValid to record screen applications

Postby JChris » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:07 am

Good morning.

I would like to try the following scenario.

Recording screen-direct applications for example, Java Applets -- with eValid.

Can you tell me the steps involved with doing the task in question?

Thanks in advance.

Happy Holidays.
JChris

Re: Using eValid to record screen applications

Postby eValid » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:22 pm

JChris wrote:Good morning.

I would like to try the following scenario.

Recording screen-direct applications for example, Java Applets -- with eValid.

Can you tell me the steps involved with doing the task in question?

Thanks in advance.

Happy Holidays.

Happy Holidays, thanks for asking JChris.

It's not that Java applets are used that often, but for all such kinds of screen-direct native applications, the recording rules are similar:

SO we'll refer to those kind of object as a Applet.

When an Applet is present in the website you are testing, it requires special procedures to be able to properly record and playback your script.

The most common thing that users come across is that can't record anything inside the Applet.

(1) While in the Applet, go the the Advanced Preferences window by clicking "eValid > Settings > Preferences > Advanced Preferences" or by simply hitting the "F2" key twice.

(2) In the Advanced Preferences dialog, make sure to have the Absolute events enabled such as the mouse clicks.

This should enable eValid to record the absolute coordinates of the cursor in the screen.

(3) Start the recording.

You will see that on each click, eValid records the exact coordinate of the cursor.

(4) Try playing back the script.

You'll notice that eValid resizes the browser to the size it was when the recording was made and clicks on the exact area where the click was recorded.

Note: Having Absolute Mouse Clicks turned on creates a substantially long script as it records each and every mouse click performed in the browser during a recording.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Regression Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons