Bank Transfer Test Page

How to use eValid to support regression testing.

Bank Transfer Test Page

Postby agre » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:17 pm

How do you confirm that a specified amount of money to be transferred appears in my bank transfer test page correctly?
agre

Re: Bank Transfer Test Page

Postby eValid » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:48 am

agre wrote:How do you confirm that a specified amount of money to be transferred appears in my bank transfer test page correctly?

In this "correctly" could mean two different things: (1) The value that shows up in the page is one that I know in advance, or (2) The value that shows up in the pages matches one I just gave to the application.

In (1) you know in advance what value is supposed to be where and you only need to do some kind of validation command. This could be as simple as a ValidateSelectedText command, which you can record into your script with the eValid GUI by highlighting the required passage and then using the correct GUI sequence.

In (2) the problem is more difficult, because you don't know the value you want to verify in advance -- you only know it at "playback time".

You set the external value that you want to feed into the application by using ValueRead and ValuePutElement to read the input value from an external source and put it in the application. Then you have the application itself update it.

Then you use one of the environment variables that you have defined that ontains the expected value in a ValidateSelectedObjProperty command to confirm that the actual output is equal to the exepected output.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to Regression Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons