Text Synchronization

How to use eValid to support regression testing.

Text Synchronization

Postby impro » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Does the border that I see on my screen affect text synchronization?
impro

Re: Text Synchronization

Postby eValid » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:14 pm

impro wrote:Does the border that I see on my screen affect text synchronization?
Unclear what you mean, but here are some possible interpretations:

(1) If by "the border" you mean the little square box that appears when you are doing a "synchronize on screen rectangle", then the answer is that sometimes it DOES make a difference. The reason is that, depending on how the web page is constructed, at test playback time the routine in eValid that interrogates the screen may see some of the pixels in the border, and that will cause it to yield an incorrect checksum, and that will cause the test to FAIL. In this case, incorrectly.

The fix for this is simple enough: turn off the eValid settings option called "Draw Visible Outline". Or, equivalently, inspect the EventLog file for the actual checksum value that is being sensed from the screen and copy that into the script in place of the recorded value. Either option will bring the application and the script back into synchronization.

(2) If you mean the border on the browser -- where you will see a scroll bar if the page is too long to fit directly in the browser face -- then, no that doesn't make any difference at all.

In all cases, when eValid is dealing with the contents of the parent window (window "0") or any child window (window "1" , or window "2", etc.) the border is not treated as an active part of what eValid deals with.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to Regression Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons