The script to start giving out these warnings

How to use eValid to support regression testing.

The script to start giving out these warnings

Postby worldp » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi, I don't want to take too much of your time but I just wanted to bring this up. I came into the office this morning and noticed that this script had failed miserably. I reran it and it processed without incident.

Do you have any idea what would cause the script to start giving out these warnings which eventually result in errors? Initially I thought it had encountered script errors on the site but the warnings are showing for commands such as "Wait". Please refer to line 433 of the event log.
2011/09/16 00:31:31 432 77 110 Project Group Advanced.Query MESSAGE 90791 0 - Text string "Processing..." not found. Trying again...
2011/09/16 00:31:32 433 77 110 Project Group Advanced.Query WARNING 90854 63 - Encountered script error, line: 2, char: 74672, error: "Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.Details: Error parsing near '<script type='text/j'.", code: 0, URL: https://...
worldp

Re: The script to start giving out these warnings

Postby eValid » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:20 am

worldp wrote:Hi, I don't want to take too much of your time but I just wanted to bring this up. I came into the office this morning and noticed that this script had failed miserably. I reran it and it processed without incident.

Do you have any idea what would cause the script to start giving out these warnings which eventually result in errors? Initially I thought it had encountered script errors on the site but the warnings are showing for commands such as "Wait". Please refer to line 433 of the event log.
2011/09/16 00:31:31 432 77 110 Project Group Advanced.Query MESSAGE 90791 0 - Text string "Processing..." not found. Trying again...
2011/09/16 00:31:32 433 77 110 Project Group Advanced.Query WARNING 90854 63 - Encountered script error, line: 2, char: 74672, error: "Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.Details: Error parsing near '<script type='text/j'.", code: 0, URL: https://...
What you have here is a JavaScript error, which is causing your script to freeze, and then causing your script to hit one of the built-in time limits (max download time, for example), which then will ERROR out and cause the failure.

It's common enogh to "blame the tool" for a problem; it is normal to not want to see that maybe the message provided by the tool are correct? You're not the first to mix this up.

Also please remember that eValid pre-parses test scripts before executing, so that they don't have errors, and as a result the "script error" message ALWAYS refers to the internal JavaScript errors.

Looking at your EventLog line you probably should try to find out what happed on your server at 00:31 on that date.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to Regression Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons