How deep can an RIA monitor test go in my application?

Applying eValid to Rich Internet Application (RIA) Performance Monitoring.

How deep can an RIA monitor test go in my application?

Postby Justiced » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:01 pm

How deep can an RIA monitor test go in my application? Are there any limitations?
Justiced

Re: How deep can an RIA monitor test go in my application?

Postby eValid » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:46 am

Justiced wrote:How deep can an RIA monitor test go in my application? Are there any limitations?
There's no explicit limit. You can dig down as deep as you like, with any number of windows and actions, as you wish.

But there are limits imposed by the monitoring structure.

If you have, for example, a 10-minute monitoring window/interval, then you probably should NOT use more than about 33% of that time for the fastest playback...this gives you a 3X safety margin. So your playback ought to complete within the 33% x 10 x 60 = 200 second limit.

In practical terms, it may be even better to limit yourself to a 100 second fastest time.

In our experience, a fully self-synchronized application with the Delay Multiplier set to 0 (so that all Waits are erased), you might be able to visit 10-15 separate pages.

But that limit is not from eValid, it is from the server (how long it takes the pages to serve) and your monitoring interval (with safety factors). eValid will do as much as you want.

- eValid Monitorin
eValid

Return to Rich Internet Application Monitoring (RIA)

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons