To monitor five different sections of my use case

Applying eValid to Rich Internet Application (RIA) Performance Monitoring.

To monitor five different sections of my use case

Postby Lawrenc » Wed May 09, 2012 12:10 pm

I want to monitor five different sections of my use case, each one of which has to have a maximum time. I mean, I don't want any one of those five intervals to take over (say) 10 seconds? Can eValid do this?
Lawrenc

Re: To monitor five different sections of my use case

Postby eValid » Fri May 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Lawrenc wrote:I want to monitor five different sections of my use case, each one of which has to have a maximum time. I mean, I don't want any one of those five intervals to take over (say) 10 seconds? Can eValid do this?
Yes, and this is best done in two stages.

First, record the test and make sure it plays back reliably and successfully captures all of the feature of your use case. This script will be the basis
for your "production" script, which is derived from it.

Second, to get a good production script, insert a ResetTimer command at the beginning of each section of the script that you want timing data for.

Then, insert an ElapsedTime command just after the last action in your use case.

Now if you want to make sure that not more than 10 seconds has elapsed, you can insert an OvertimeAlarm command, and specify 10 seconds as the limit.

During playback if that commands detects that the elapsed time is longer than the specified value then eValid will throw an Error Flag and take alternative action. The alternative script is specified in an OnAlarmGoScript command.

(If you want to measure time since the start of playback -- so that the elapsed time adds up from the beginning -- then simply leave out the reset commands.)

The eValid TimerLog will show the values of the internal clock -- 1 msec resolution -- each time the playback encounters an ElapsedTime command.

You're done with the eValid part.

What remains is to feed the data into the monitoring reporting system that you are using. There are many of these and the integrations are all a little different -- but very similar in their essentials.

eValid Monitoring Support
eValid

Return to Rich Internet Application Monitoring (RIA)

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons