Using the desktop to click on a couple of buttons

Applying eValid to Rich Internet Application (RIA) Performance Monitoring.

Using the desktop to click on a couple of buttons

Postby pEzekiel » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:11 pm

I'm having trouble with a script that uses the desktop to click on a couple of buttons...but eValid doesn't like this when I run it from the scheduler with an eValid -B myscript.evs command? What's wrong?
pEzekiel

Re: Using the desktop to click on a couple of buttons

Postby eValid » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:09 am

pEzekiel wrote:I'm having trouble with a script that uses the desktop to click on a couple of buttons...but eValid doesn't like this when I run it from the scheduler with an eValid -B myscript.evs command? What's wrong?
This actually is a Windows operating system question.

What you're saying is that a script that runs OK in the foreground -- that is, when you launch the playback from the screen yourself -- works OK, but the particular eValid batch command you've used appears to not work.

In this case, the clue is that your script uses "... a desktop to click on a couple of buttons ..." This means that your script requires access to a desktop. But your batch command doesn't necessarily provide a desktop...depending on the operating system you are on (which you didn't specify).

The way to assure that your scheduled playback has access to a desktop is to run a script that includes "START... command ...EXIT" This script is different from what you describe in that it will start a complete process (which includes making sure there is a desktop available to it) and THEN launching the "command" (in this case the eValid -B script.evs passage you mention). THIS sequence will ALWAYS result in there being a desktop available for your playback.

(In cases when your script does not need desktop access -- in what in eValid terms is a "desktop safe" script -- then you don't need this extra layer because eValid can play back the script without needing a desktop.)

Just to be sure here is a page that deals with Starting eValid with a Specific User Agent String (UAS) that shows samples of these batch commands.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Rich Internet Application Monitoring (RIA)

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons