Monitoring/Functional Testing Script with a SAP Application

Applying eValid to Rich Internet Application (RIA) Performance Monitoring.

Monitoring/Functional Testing Script with a SAP Application

Postby princesskk » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Does evalid have playback features/settings which will allow for different cache/cookies states?

For example: Will I need to take any precautions when recording my login/logout script procedures in order to make sure that all is handled accordingly during playback?

What happens if I'm already logged in or if I never logged out and/or I'm dealing with certain application's preserved/reset states and behaviors that are beyond my browser's control (i.e. non-typical/expected actions)?

As my SAP website application does not allow me to click on an existing "exit" button after authentication, instead I must close/exit at the end by clicking on "X" in the browser window...
princesskk

Re: Monitoring/Functional Testing Script with a SAP Application

Postby eValid » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:33 pm

princesskk wrote:Does evalid have playback features/settings which will allow for different cache/cookies states?

For example: Will I need to take any precautions when recording my login/logout script procedures in order to make sure that all is handled accordingly during playback?

What happens if I'm already logged in or if I never logged out and/or I'm dealing with certain application's preserved/reset states and behaviors that are beyond my browser's control (i.e. non-typical/expected actions)?

As my SAP website application does not allow me to click on an existing "exit" button after authentication, instead I must close/exit at the end by clicking on "X" in the browser window...

First, yes, eValid can selectively DeleteCache and/or DeleteCookies at the start of a test, or anywhere in the middle. It's just a matter of editing in the correct command where you want it.

Or, if look at the eValid Cache Manager you'll see that you have the option to run your test with no cache at all and then, on top of that, to never save any
cookies.

Sometimes even this level of control doesn't work, for example, when your
application keeps a "session cookie", which is stored in the internal memory
of the browser and cannot be accessed. In that case, you need to remember to LogOut at the end of each session. Doing that makes the test you create "idempotent" or "nil-potent" -- meaning that it returns the browser to the original state, that is, not logged in with an un-deletable session cookie.

What you're describing is a bit more complicated. It looks like you have a website on which the "LogOut" action is ONLY available by closing the browser session entirely. OK, we've seen that before and the gotcha here is that the tests you record won't play back without closing eValid and relaunching it.

In this case the solution is simple: Run your tests in batch mode, that is from the Windows command line (batch mode). Now each test starts a new, clean copy of eValid which isn't logged in, lets you log in and then at the end when you close eValid you're logged out?

The eValid Team
eValid

Return to Rich Internet Application Monitoring (RIA)

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons