Scheduler Problem

Applying eValid to Rich Internet Application (RIA) Performance Monitoring.

Scheduler Problem

Postby crocs » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:25 pm

The eValid website test is working very well and we are close to completion, but I am struggling with a related scheduler problem.

As you may remember, we are running a bat file that used the standard eValid-2-GroundWork.pl program to send the test results to our GroundWork server.

When I am logged in, the scheduler kicks off the batch file without any problems and GroundWork receives an updated status. However, the cheduled task fails when no one is logged into the XP workstation. The system event log shows the following error:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)".

Would anyone happen to know where this is going wrong?
crocs

Re: Scheduler Problem

Postby eValid » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:35 pm

crocs wrote:The eValid website test is working very well and we are close to completion, but I am struggling with a related scheduler problem.

As you may remember, we are running a bat file that used the standard Valid-2-GroundWork.pl program to send the test results to our GroundWork server.

When I am logged in, the scheduler kicks off the batch file without any problems and GroundWork receives an updated status. However, the scheduled task fails when no one is logged into the XP workstation. The system event log shows the following error:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)".

Would anyone happen to know where this is going wrong?

After a more in depth investigation on one of our PCs, we found the following configuration changes to work correctly...

As we had suspected earlier -- and hopefully this is due to the same security/privileges issues on your end -- we have found that if we configure the Task Scheduler with the following settings, that it works for our test monitor setup:

Under "Action" menu of the Task Scheduler, please go to "AT Service Account Configuration" option. Where you see the section "Configure the user account to use when running AT Tasks.

Instead of old -> System Account (as this could not access the evalid service so therefore initialization issues, etc.)

Select new -> Another user account and point it to the same user that you have when you are physically logged in and on that particular user's desktop... ADD the password when prompted...

THEN click on your assigned actual task "name" and go to "Properties".

Under the "General" tab section where you see the "Security" option, use the following user account should as well point to the designated VALID user (i.e. your same phyical login).

Select -> Run whether user is logged on or not.

leave the box below unchecked, as you do not want to be restricted to "The task will only have access to local resources"...

Select/check -> Run with highest privileges.

Then a logged off and the evalid .bat will run as scheduled, though please note that with all the above changes in place that you will no longer be able to SEE the actual physical evalid.exe actions even when you are logged in. This is because the eValid instance is now running in the backgrounded virtual desktop.

The eValid Support Crew
eValid

Return to Rich Internet Application Monitoring (RIA)

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons