How does eValid go about timing an FTP download?
Please include any instructions or reference material.
Thanks in advance.
Sure we can help you with that SmithY.
To accurately measure FTP download times using eValid, follow the simple steps outlined below in order to produce the correct and accurate timing results desired:
(1) Navigate to the site where the file you wish to download is located.
(2) Click on the hyperlink that initiates the download process.
(3) Prior to the beginning of the download a Modal Dialog will prompt the user to "Open" or "Save" the file.
Choose "Open". (Choosing to save it as a file will require a more complex user intervention during playback.)
Use the Modal Dialog commands in the eValid script dialog box (eValid: View > Script Window) to add the Modal Dialog commands according to the result desired.
(4) Once the file has been downloaded completely and opened, toggle the Desktop recording feature of eValid to be able to record the opened application.
(5) Make sure the playback will wait for the process to complete by synchronizing a portion of the newly opened application window using the available xySyncRect command to validate the checksum on the selected area (eValid: Record Mode > Validate > & Synchronize > Screen Window).
(6) Close the Application and stop the recording.
(7) Edit the newly created script by inserting the ResetTimer command after the Follow Link command which initializes the download process.
Also, add the Elapsed time command at the end of the script.
(8) On playback, the elapsed time it took to download, open and close the application will be reflected in the proper logs.
-- eValid Support