Monitoring Response time in my website page

Applying eValid to Rich Internet Application (RIA) Performance Monitoring.

Monitoring Response time in my website page

Postby GeorgeV » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:19 am

Hi.

Can you tell me How to Monitor a Website Page for Response Time?

Thanks
GeorgeV

Re: Monitoring Response time in my website page

Postby eValid » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 am

GeorgeV wrote:Hi.

Can you tell me How to Monitor a Website Page for Response Time?

Thanks

Thanks for asking about that GeorgeV.

By using eValid as an engine to perform monitoring functions on a website, the user can provide optimum website performance by performing 5-minute tests, 24 hours a day, to check for the response times being generated by their website and addressing any potential problems quickly, accurately.

Follow these instructions to create a simple 5 Minute Interval Monitoring Test:

(1) Create a script from the site which you wish to monitor by recording an "InitLink" command.

(2) Stop recording.

(3) To ensure that there is no cache buildup during the monitoring activity insert a "DeleteCache" command at the beginning of the script delete any items in the cache that may be left behind from the previous runs.

(4) Configure the script to run every 5 minutes by adding a "WaitModMM 05" command at the beginning of the script which creates a 5-minute interval between each test run.

(5) To obtain accurate Timing Data, reset the internal eValid timer prior to navigating to the website by adding a "ResetTimer" command.

(6) For the accurate response times, add an "ElapsedTime" command in the script after the URL has been fully downloaded and rendered by eValid.

(7) Your script should look something like this:

# Start of eValid Script
#
ProjectID "Project"
GroupID "Group"
TestID "Monitor"
LogID "AUTO"
#
WaitModMM 05
DeleteCache
ResetTimer
InitLink "http://www.mysite.com/"
ElapsedTime
#
# End of Script

(8) Save the edited script.

(9) Access the eValid preferences by pressing the shortcut keys "Ctrl + F2" and make sure that only the timing log is enabled.

(10) Access the eValid preferences by pressing the shortcut keys "Ctrl + F2" and make sure that only the simple log output is selected as we are only interested in response times for the page.

(11) Access the eValid preferences by pressing the shortcut keys "Ctrl + F2" and make sure that the "Append to Logs" option is selected to store each runs response time in the log file.

Begin Monitoring State:

(1) Load the script file.

(2) Select the "Run Forever" option in eValid to begin the script playback and run automatically every 5 minutes (that's what the "WaitModMM 05" command does).

(3) Open the eValid Timing Log (scriptname-T.log) file to see the response times for the website being monitored.

Note: The log file can be viewed both as a plain text, an HTML file, or as a spreadsheet.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Rich Internet Application Monitoring (RIA)

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons