Can you please explain what is involved with recording list box navigations/pulldown menus on webpages?
Thanks for posting your question, AndrewT.
In certain websites, selecting an item from a pulldown list box can cause a page navigation to the specified URL.
In cases where no navigation is recorded in eValid, a special approach in recording these fields is taken to make sure that the created script produces a consistent playback.
To record the navigation from selecting an item from a list box, follow these steps:
(1) Start your recording.
(2) Navigate to the page where the list box is located.
(3) Expand the list box and highlight but not select the desired item from the list box.
(4) Once the item is highlighted, press the "Tab" button to move the focus of the cursor away from the list box.
(5) Look at the script dialog box.
An InputValue command with the item and its parameters should be recorded in the script.
(6) Continue with the recording normally.
On playback, as soon as the InputValue command is executed, the list box will automatically select the correct item and navigate to the specified URL.
-- eValid Support