Interface to Halcyon Monitoring Solution

Applying eValid to Rich Internet Application (RIA) Performance Monitoring.

Interface to Halcyon Monitoring Solution

Postby UserD » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:38 am

I'm working with Halcyon and I need to monitor the response time of an AJAX application that is hosted on a collection of LAMP boxes.

Will eValid do this for me?

I need to assure that a key part of an e-commerce transaction responds within a fixed amount of time. How do you do that?

TIA!
UserD

Re: Interface to Halcyon Monitoring Solution

Postby eValid » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:13 am

UserD wrote:I'm working with Halcyon and I need to monitor the response time of an AJAX application that is hosted on a collection of LAMP boxes.

Will eValid do this for me?

I need to assure that a key part of an e-commerce transaction responds within a fixed amount of time. How do you do that?

TIA!

We are still checking our records to confirm that there's a complete Halcyon integration, but in any case, the steps to perform the integration are well understood:

(1) Make sure you have a reliable AJAX test that you can run over and over and that records (probably using ElapsedTime and SaveRecord commands) the detailed timing data or bands of timing data that you want to display.

(2) Use either a CustomLog or the output from your SaveRecord commands as the base for the data feed into the display functions in Halcyon.

(3) You'll need a simple "bridge code" -- usually implemented in PERL or VB or even in Windows Batch to convert from eValid's simple text files into the data format tht Halcyon uses. Normally this is a structured message of some kind, and probably one of the standard templates that eValid supplies for the other monitoring systems will do the trick.

(4) Tie up the connection and confirm the display is what you want.

The main point here is to separate the collection of the monitoring data from the display of what is collected.

-The eValid Support Team
eValid

good topic

Postby BuklerMan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:13 am

100%
BuklerMan

Return to Rich Internet Application Monitoring (RIA)

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons