What time bands do you recommend?

Applying eValid to Rich Internet Application (RIA) Performance Monitoring.

What time bands do you recommend?

Postby Uriela » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:25 pm

What time bands do you recommend if I have an action on my website that is supposed to take no more than 20 seconds?
Uriela

Re: What time bands do you recommend?

Postby eValid » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:20 am

Uriela wrote:What time bands do you recommend if I have an action on my website that is supposed to take no more than 20 seconds?
Two parts to our answer:

(1) We recommend fewer than 5 separate time bands in any one monitoring playback. The reason for this is that if you have 5 varying time values that is more than sufficient to characterize web server performance.

Also, these bands ought to include substantial work...so that the time intervals are 10-30 seconds. Total time about 120 seconds, startup, then five measured intervals.

(2) If it REALLY is supposed to never take more than 20 seconds, then you can put a hard time limit of 20 seconds for that section of the playback and have eValid throw an ERROR if that section runs too long.

However, throwing an ERROR typically interfers with the rest of the measurement, so we generally would put a longer maximum time in there and just observe that that band had slipped above its maximum thresholds.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to Rich Internet Application Monitoring (RIA)

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons