Want to know how long pages take to arrive

Use and application of eValid's site analysis (site scanning) features.

Want to know how long pages take to arrive

Postby gDallas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm scanning a mobile website and I want to know how long pages take to arrive, but eValid's minimum time is 1 second, and my pages are too fast! What can I do?
gDallas

Re: Want to know how long pages take to arrive

Postby eValid » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:51 am

gDallas wrote:I'm scanning a mobile website and I want to know how long pages take to arrive, but eValid's minimum time is 1 second, and my pages are too fast! What can I do?
We've seen this before and we are guessing that you are running your scan from a local LAN, which accounts for why the times are so short.

To measure download speed of very fast pages you can set the speed filter in the Site Analysis preferences to record all pages that "load faster than 1 msec". Which will be all of them.

As a result, the Slow Pages report now becomes a "Fast Pages" report and because you've set the threshold at the 0.001 second minimum you will see the download times for every page.

(If you have some pages that load faster than 1 msec, well, with apologies, that's too fast for eValid to catch and they'll not be reported. But we are thinking that will be unlikely.)

-- eValid Page Analysis Team
eValid

Return to Website Scanning and Analysis

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons