Page Timings

Use and application of eValid's site analysis (site scanning) features.

Page Timings

Postby webtestgadfly » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:54 am

How does a site analysis can reveal actual page timings? I mean, what is the algorithm that's used by eValid to measure timings?
webtestgadfly

Re: Page Timings

Postby siteanalysis » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:54 pm

webtestgadfly wrote:How does a site analysis can reveal actual page timings? I mean, what is the algorithm that's used by eValid to measure timings?

The site analsis process, when using the full browser mode, downloads each page in toto and records how long the page took to download.

Also, if there are pieces of the page, e.g. pictures, that are also downloaded during the site analysis process, you also get the times THEY take to download.

All recorded download times are relative to the eValid client browser...i.e. they are the same times that your users will be seeing.
siteanalysis

Postby webtestgadfly » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:52 am

But, does that mean the scan will show the times for a main page with its components or will all of the timings be spread out for me. I mainly want to identify slow-loading pieces of my website, e.g. images. Will eValid do that?
webtestgadfly

Postby eValid » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:46 pm

Yes, both.

You get a report for the entire page, and you also get a report for each page component, e.g. images.

-eValid
eValid

Return to Website Scanning and Analysis

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons