Capacity Limits

Use and application of eValid's site analysis (site scanning) features.

Capacity Limits

Postby mannyj » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:58 pm

The eValid EVAL has some pretty strict limits: 100 pages or 500 links and that is obviously not enough to know if eValid will scan my entire site.

What can you tell me about the eValid spider capacity? How big a site can you run and what are the technical limits?

Manny Jerome
mannyj

Re: Capacity Limits

Postby eValid » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:13 am

mannyj wrote:The eValid EVAL has some pretty strict limits: 100 pages or 500 links and that is obviously not enough to know if eValid will scan my entire site.

What can you tell me about the eValid spider capacity? How big a site can you run and what are the technical limits?

Manny Jerome

Thanks for asking.

The spider capacity is determined by the limits of your machine, because if you run the spider on a VERY large website you'll see that when you have accumulated over, say, 50,000 links the size of the eValid internal table is so large that your machine starts to use virtual memory and things do slow down.

We have had relatively strong machine run well over 250,000 links and over 50,000 pages, but that kind of scan takes a long time (remember, eValid has to download every page being scanned, so this can be a long process).

In practical terms, we generally recommend scans of less thatn 5,000 pages and/or less than 50,000 links.

Besides, much larger and you really can't absorb all of the data eValid generates for you.

eValid Support Team
eValid

Return to Website Scanning and Analysis

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons