Some links are omitted on the eValid link check feature

Use and application of eValid's site analysis (site scanning) features.

Some links are omitted on the eValid link check feature

Postby CarolynP » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:38 am

Hello.

Why do some links that emanate from a particular page in my website not get detected by eValid's link scanning capability?

Can you please explain what i'm missing.

Thanks
CarolynP

Re: Some links are omitted on the eValid link check feature

Postby eValid » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:46 pm

CarolynP wrote:Hello.

Why do some links that emanate from a particular page in my website not get detected by eValid's link scanning capability?

Can you please explain what i'm missing.

Thanks

Great question CarolynP.

There are many reasons, but the most common is that the links are "dynamic" -- that is, they are created only as a consequence of an event that triggers a JavaScript program that creates the link "on the fly".

One way to check that is to use the "static simple link check" command, described here:

http://e-valid.com/Products/Documentati ... check.html

This will show, in your script file, a list of the regular anchor tags inside your web page.

The other way to check this out is to look at the EventLog in real time, once you are in Playback Mode, and then while you try out various you should see the navigational events that result from your input.

Any of these that are NOT on the list produced by the the regular link check command may not be detected in an eValid site analysis run.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Website Scanning and Analysis

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons