CrystalA wrote:Good morning.
Can I excluding specific URL's during Site Analysis runs.
There are some areas I would like to avoid while running my site mapping tasks.
Please if you could, provide some directions on how i can do this.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks for asking about this CrystalA.
There are some drawbacks to completely mapping a website especially when you are mapping a site which has a login process.
What usually happens is that the site analysis tends to abort since it reads the logout link as part of the site analysis.
Another example is if there is a specific page in your site which contains a big file which you do not want to be mapped or if you do not want to map any files (images) with the ".gif" extension.
eValid has a special capability to exclude such files by searching for special instances of the string which you specify in the URL.
(1) Navigate to a site which you want to map.
(2) Open the Site Analysis preferences by clicking on "eValid: Settings > Site Analysis Prefs > Search Links of Type.
(3) Click the Exclude URLs box. Note that this wakes up the Exclude URLs File area.
(4) If no Exclude URLs file is selected, click on Browse... and choose an Exclude URLs file from the available selections.
After choosing a file, click Open to select that file.
(5) You can view what strings are being blocked, and edit your own strings into the file, by clicking on Edit.
(6) You may add a full URL or just strings from the URL you want to exclude.
For example, you could exclude inadvertent logouts by adding the string:
"http://www.mysite.com/logout.html" or even just the string "logout.html".
NOTE: You may choose to put in the entire URL to be excluded or simply the word "logout".
If eValid finds such words in the URL, it will automatically exclude the URL from those being checked.
Having this kind of functionality available from eValid can drastically reduce time in mapping a site because the user has full control over what he wants to map -- and NOT map!
-- eValid Support